Course Description & Objectives
This 2.5 hour online course for healthcare professionals will:
- Provide a detailed overview of the complex, multi-factorial nature of knee osteoarthritis.
- Provide a detailed overview of important risk factors, as well as their potential role in knee osteoarthritis initiation and progression.
- Provide healthcare professionals with the knowledge and tools to integrate and apply evidence-based assessment tools and outcome measures to inform clinical diagnosis and treatment strategies.
- Provide a detailed overview of psychosocial factors, and their relation to prognosis, outcomes, etc.
- Provide clinically relevant tips and recommendations to improve therapeutic alliance, subjective history taking and objective examination.
- Provide healthcare professionals with the knowledge and tools to integrate and apply evidence-based non-surgical management strategies for patients with knee osteoarthritis.
The Knee Osteoarthritis Assessment & Management Course Includes:
- 2.5 hours of educational content
- Lifetime access to the Knee Osteoarthritis & Management Course
- 150+ peer-reviewed articles referenced (a comprehensive list of references will be sent to you by email after purchase)
- 300+ presentation slides (course notes will be sent to you by email after purchase)
- Tons of evidence-based recommendations to help optimize your clinical assessment, treatment and plan of care.
- A Certificate of Completion upon completion of the course
Price: $100 CAD
WHO IS THIS ONLINE COURSE FOR?
This online course is relevant for physiotherapists, physiotherapy assistants/physical rehabilitation therapists, athletic therapists, kinesiologists, exercise physiologists, osteopaths, massage therapists and personal trainers, within the scope of their respective professions.
About The Instructor
Anthony Teoli graduated from McGill University in 2016 with a Master’s of Science in Physical Therapy. He has gained experience working with patients with musculoskeletal injuries in both the hospital and private clinic settings. Anthony currently works as a physiotherapist at Action Sport Physio Rosemère, a private physiotherapy clinic located in Rosemère, Quebec. He is also the Founder & President of InfoPhysiotherapy.
Anthony also has a keen interest for research and teaching. He is currently pursuing his PhD in Rehabilitation Science at McGill University. His research focus involves better understanding mechanisms of knee osteoarthritis initiation and progression, clinical outcomes in patients following total knee replacement, walking biomechanics and knowledge translation. He has conducted several research studies examining the relationship between knee osteoarthritis and walking biomechanics. This research has been presented at provincial, national and international conferences. In addition, Anthony assists with teaching at McGill University and provides 1-day continuing education courses for physiotherapists on the assessment and management of knee osteoarthritis. He is also the Founder & President of InfoPhysiotherapy, an educational website dedicated to providing high-quality, evidence-based continuing education for healthcare professionals worldwide.